Dlink Cat 6 Cable Copper outdoor
D-Link Cat 6 Copper Outdoor Cable is a type of Ethernet cable designed for outdoor installations. Here’s a description of this cable:
- Cat 6: This cable is designed to meet or exceed the Cat 6 (Category 6) Ethernet cable standards. Cat 6 cables are known for their high bandwidth and performance capabilities, making them suitable for high-speed data transmission and Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- Copper Conductor: The cable is constructed with copper conductors. Copper is a common choice for Ethernet cables because it provides excellent conductivity and signal quality.
- Outdoor Use: This cable is specifically designed for outdoor applications. It is engineered to withstand environmental conditions such as sunlight, moisture, rain, and temperature fluctuations. Outdoor-rated cables are often UV-resistant to prevent damage from prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Weatherproof Jacket: The cable typically features a weatherproof jacket that provides protection against water, moisture, and other environmental factors. This jacket is designed to keep the cable’s internal components safe from the elements.
- Direct Burial: Some outdoor Cat 6 cables are suitable for direct burial, which means they can be installed underground without the need for additional conduit or protection.
- Durable and Tough: Outdoor-rated Cat 6 cables are built to be durable and rugged, ensuring reliable network connectivity in challenging outdoor environments.
- Shielding: Depending on the specific model, outdoor Cat 6 cables may come in shielded (FTP/STP) or unshielded (UTP) variants. Shielded cables provide additional protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI) and crosstalk.
- Length: These cables are available in various lengths to suit different outdoor installation requirements.
- Compatibility: Outdoor Cat 6 cables are compatible with standard RJ45 connectors commonly found on network devices, including routers, switches, access points, and cameras.
- Applications: They are commonly used for outdoor networking applications, such as connecting buildings on a campus, setting up outdoor surveillance cameras, extending network connectivity to outdoor areas, and more.
It’s essential to choose the right outdoor-rated Cat 6 cable for your specific needs, taking into consideration factors like cable length, shielding, and the specific environmental conditions in which the cable will be installed. Properly installed outdoor-rated cables can provide reliable network connectivity for various outdoor applications, helping to extend your network infrastructure beyond indoor spaces.