AW-CMC2166-6 Conventional Manual Call Point
The AW-CMC2166-6 Conventional Manual Call Point is a safety device used in fire alarm and emergency notification systems. It allows individuals to manually activate an alarm signal in the event of a fire or other emergency situation. Here’s a description of the AW-CMC2166-6 Conventional Manual Call Point:
Product Name: AW-CMC2166-6 Conventional Manual Call Point
Key Features and Characteristics:
- Emergency Activation: The primary function of the manual call point is to provide a means for individuals to manually initiate an alarm in case of a fire or other emergency. When activated, it sends a signal to the fire alarm control panel to trigger the alarm and initiate the appropriate emergency response.
- Resettable: After activation, the manual call point can usually be reset using a key or tool provided with the device. This ensures that the alarm system can be returned to normal operation once the emergency situation is resolved.
- Break Glass or Push Button: Manual call points are typically available in two main types: break glass and push-button. Break glass models require breaking a glass element to activate the alarm, while push-button models are activated by pressing a button.
- Visible Activation Indicator: Many manual call points feature a visible indicator (often a colored flag or LED) that shows when the device has been activated. This helps responders identify the location of the alarm activation quickly.
- Test Function: Manual call points often include a test function, allowing users to verify that the device is operational without triggering a full alarm.
- Mounting: These devices are designed for wall mounting in strategic locations throughout a building or facility. They are typically installed near exits, stairwells, and other areas where people can easily access them in case of an emergency.
- Weatherproof Options: Some manual call points are designed to be weatherproof or suitable for outdoor use, making them suitable for use in a variety of environments.
- Compatibility: The AW-CMC2166-6 is part of a conventional fire alarm system. It is compatible with other components of the system, such as smoke detectors, heat detectors, and the fire alarm control panel.
- Tamper-Resistant: Manual call points are often designed to deter tampering or unauthorized activation. They may have security features to prevent false alarms.
- Compliance: Manual call points are typically manufactured to meet relevant fire safety standards and regulations, ensuring their reliability and performance in emergency situations.