Nanostation Loco M5
Ubiquiti Networks set the bar for the world’s first low-cost and efficient broadband Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) with the original UbiquitiNanoStation. The UbiquitiNanoStation Loco M5 building-to-building kit takes the same principal to the future with sleek and elegant form factor, along with integrated airMAX technology. The low cost, high performance and small form factor of this Ubiquiti Loco M5 makes it multipurpose and economical to use.
- Connect two locations or points via wireless, with 5Ghz 802.11n.
- AP mode, client or WDS with Traffic shaping and QoS.
- Between WAN and LAN routing and transparent bridge with or without NAT.
- Signal strength, which is reported by the on-board LED indicator.
- In bridge mode and WDS device supports transparent transmission IPv6.
Ubiquiti Networks Access Points
Ubiquiti Networks Access Points
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. This “time slot” method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
- Intelligent QoS Priority is given to voice/video for seamless streaming.
- Scalability High capacity and scalability.
- Long Distance Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
- Latency Multiple features dramatically reduce noise.
Passive Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality allows both power and data to be carried over a single Ethernet cable to the UbiquitiNanoStation Loco M5.
The NanoStation locoM2 Indoor/Outdoor airMAX CPE from Ubiquiti Networks is a cost-effective and reliable solution for high performance. It features up to 10km of range performance, 25+Mbps of throughput performance, an intuitive AirOS by Ubiquiti. The NanoStation Loco also features broadband wireless CPE technology. NanoStation5 Loco exhibits optimal antenna performance.
Indoor/Outdoor airMAX CPE Featuring a panel antenna and dual-polarity performance, the NanoStation M is ideal for Point-to-MultiPoint (PtMP) applications requiring high-performance CPE devices with a sleek form factor.
Rocket M2 is an uneven, high-power, very linear 2×2 MIMO radio with enhanced receiver performance. It features incredible range performance and breakthrough speed (150+Mbps real TCP/IP).
Rocket M2 combines the “brains” in one robust unit; it can be paired with your choice of AirMaxBaseStation or Rocket Antennas. This versatility gives network architects unparalleled flexibility and convenience.
Integrated AirMax Technology
Unlike the standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) AirMax protocol allows each client to send & receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. This “time slot” method eliminates hidden node collisions & maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, & scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
Using PoE technology allows you to transmit data stream and power / energy through the Ethernet cable which integrates the Rocket M2 to your network environment. There is no need to install any extra wired power cord. A 24V, 1A PoE Injector is included.
AirOSVersion 5 of Ubiquiti’sAirOS builds upon the market top intuitive user-interface loaded with advanced wireless configurations and routing functionality.
Rocket M2 and AirMax Antenna
Rocket M2 and AirMaxBaseStation/Rocket Antennas have been designed to seamlessly work together. Installing Rocket M on AirMaxBaseStation/Rocket Antennas requires no special tools, you simply snap it into place with the mount provided with the antennas.
Dishes and antennas
The RD-5G30 RocketDishAirMax 2×2 PtP Bridge Dish Antenna from Ubiquiti Networks features a gain of 30dBi that helps create a Point-to-Point (PtP) bridge for networking applications when paired with an optional Rocket M BaseStation. It delivers dual-polarity performance and operates in the 5 GHz frequency, which works well for long-distance links. Furthermore, it comes with a shroud, Rocket mount, and pole-mounting support.
Robust mechanical design for outdoor application usePlug-and-Play: Built-in Rocket mount so no tools are needed to install the Rocket BaseStation.
Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated timeslots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
- Eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency.
- Provides scalability, high throughput, and low latency in unlicensed multipoint networks
- Intelligent QoS: Priority is given to voice/video for seamless streaming
- Supports high-speed, carrier-class links.
Ubiquiti’sairFiber AF-11G35 antenna is designed for use in the licensed 11GHz band. Break free of the crowded 5 GHz spectrum by pairing the airFiber AF-11G35 antenna with the airFiber AF-11FX radio to create the endpoint of an 11 GHz high-performance, full-duplex, Point-to-Point bridge or network backhaul.
The airFiber AF-11G35 antenna delivers SISO or 2×2 MIMO, dual-polarity performance. Incorporating a dish reflector design for excellent beam directivity, the airFiber AF-11G35 antenna features robust mechanical design using industrial-strength hardware for outdoor application use. It has a built-in mount for the AF-11FX radio, so installation requires no special tools. Snap the airFiber AF-11FX radio securely into place and mount the antenna; you then have the optimal airFiber X antenna and radio combination for your 11 GHz PtP application.
GPS Synchronization (When Paired with Rocket M GPS)
Rocket M GPS units seamlessly integrate with AirMaxRocketDish Antennas to enable you to utilize UbiquitiAirSync GPS Synchronization technology.
AirSync technology enhances the hardware and software of Rocket M to use GPS signals for precision timing
- GPS Signal Reporting: Easily manage/monitor GPS satellite signals using AirOS software (not included)
- No Co-Location Interference: Synchronized transmission among Rocket M GPS-powered BaseStations effectively eliminates co-location interference.
- Channel re-Use: Frequency reuse for increased scalability
Rocket M5 Dish
The Rocket M5 dish is a rugged, hi-power, very linear 2×2 MIMO radio with enhanced receiver performance. It features incredible range performance (50+km) and breakthrough speed (150+Mbps real TCPI/IP). The device was specifically designed for outdoor PtP bridging and PTMP Airmax base-station applications.
Rocket M and airMAXbasestation / Rocket antennas have been designed to seamlessly work together. Installing Rocket M o n airMAXbasestation / Rocket antennas requires no special tools you simply snap it into place with the mount provided with the antennas.
- AirMAXRocketDish is a Carrier Class 2×2 Dual Polarity MIMO Antenna that was designed to seamlessly integrate with Rocket M5 radios
- Pair a Rocket M5 radio with the airMAXRocketDish reach to create an extremely powerful directional PtP link. This type of setup is often deployed in critical communications infrastructures, such as backbone or backhaul links
- Having an ultra-tight V&H beamwidth and high F/B ratio gives this antenna a high degree of noise immunity from nearby hostile interferers and collocated transmitters.
- We regularly deploy RocketDish M5s as the high bandwidth backbone between two sites, typically out to 80km (rLOS). In shorter range communications smaller form-factor equipment can be deployed, but this can leave the link susceptible to interference and reduced throughput due to link adaptation
- Another concern is causing channel pollution (observed as a rise in the noise floor at other APs/stations), particularly when the transmitter is tower or rooftop mounted.