Security is a major concern in our day to day life. With the advent of new technologies, new devices have been manufactured to secure homes, offices and other areas of importance. Unauthorized access is a major threat and can amount to significant losses just as quickly as a remote cyber attack. Some of the consequences includes but not limited to: Damage risk and lawsuit, Brand name devaluation, intellectual property theft, corporate espionage among others.
The fire alarm industry us a more complicated and complex technical field that needs continuous development of skills including innovation and update of fire alarm systems to meet the ever changing global requirement and standards. The fire alarm system must first detect the outbreak of fire, alert the required persons and allow for escape and evacuation from the premises. In many circumstances, the system will be responsible for putting out the fire. The fire alarm also helps to restore precise and reliable focus of the fire by the fire investigators. All public places and business, multistory building and common building are needed to install smoke and fire alarms. One of the requirements of the insurance company’s policies is that business should install smoke and fire detection systems. The system must also be adapted for use in the building that they are installed. The system is adjusted differently for restaurants and kitchens as compared to factories where there is a danger of diffusion.
The CCTV technology has been around the world for decades and there are different CCTV that can be used for different applications even monitoring your home. In this article, I will talk about digital, analog and IP cameras. It is used in airports, homes, banks, warehouses, hospitals, schools, casinos, stadiums, seaports, military, commercial centers, bus station, train stations and many other places.
Electric facing is another area that should be considered to ensure security especially in fencing. Electric fence can be used in animal farms, game parks and also in various environments. The first thing that you must put into consideration is the right fence charger. The fence should be well grounded. Galvanized wires and rod clamps connect ground rod to each other and the fence to the charger.
The fundamental role of an access control is to keep unwanted guests out or have control of who access where. Remote access is a huge benefit to individual since you don’t have to travel to access. Access control can be integrated with other security systems such as Alarm and IP cameras to create a complete safety security and safety system. Tailored systems would present you with a quote, track employees, theft and vandalism. Keyless entry requires a high degree of sophistication. The best access control provides historical reports. It track the employees and allow you to see where they exactly spend their time. You can also receive customizable reports such as building security, details of the alarm and more.
Burglar alarms are also known as burglary deterrent protecting property and families against intruders and decrease crime in entire neighborhood resulting into fewer burglary incidents. Monitoring potential intrusion entry points with sensors, the n the sensor communicate with a control panel which transmits alarm signals when detecting illegal intrusion. Motion sensors are installed for protection of open spaces.
Intercom system is another system used for security purposes. It is installed at the door entry point and when it is pressed, it notifies the controller within the premises. It is made in a way to communicate with the person or you can talk or see the person at the same time.
In conclusion, purchasing a security system is not just a onetime acquisition but rather a significant long term investment. By choosing an integral system is paramount and therefore you will have the peace of mind since your expectations will be met. At Almiria, we continue to understand and respond to your needs through the system lifetime. By incorporating technology into your arena, you will see enhanced productivity and cost efficiencies. Technology usually enhances protection beyond that of security personnel. We pride in innovative technologies and work hand in hand with customers to enhance greater efficiencies.
A research done by cyber security Business Report estimates that; the organization spent about $10 billion on cyber security measures in 2017 alone. Physical security measures are very important to sensitive digital spaces and data storage centers that are integral part of every business. Unauthorized access is a major threat and can amount to significant losses just as quickly as a remote cyber attack. Some of the consequences includes but not limited to: Damage risk and lawsuit, Brand name devaluation, intellectual property theft, corporate espionage among others.
Therefore physical identification key or card is issued. However, there is an opportunity that the credentials might get lost or be stolen. If unauthorized person use it before the organization shut or know it, the credentials will allow access to restricted areas to anyone possessing it. Therefore a Biometric system will be needed where an organization has two options for access control. They can implement either a single or a dual identification access requirement both utilizing the biometric credential component. For a single credential, a facial recognition device or a fingerprint reader can be used. For dual identification, a biometric reader combined with personal identification number (PIN) and identification card can be used.
IT Department Uses
- Office doors
- Remote IT rooms
- Data center security
- Equipment racks
Zkteco Biometrics is distinct physical characteristics of a person that are used as positive identification. The common biometrics that are commonly used are IRIS patterns, fingerprints, signatures, voice analysis, hand geometry and facial geometry
Biometric acceptance has gone beyond high technology private companies to SMEs and quite significantly to government agencies. It has been accepted by Homeland Security, Justice Department, Department of state and Department of Defense has expanded their acceptance of Biometric technology. A biometric identification can eliminate credential cards, fobs and access control cards. Biometric identification cannot be lost by the user and can be a more secure protection and storage of data.
ZKTeco pro series are now available in Kenya with sleek design, low profile that are needed to blend with Kenya architectural environments while maintaining its rugged characteristics that frequent industrial or commercial use needs.
ZKTECO Biometric readers use cutting edge technologies replacing the past.
- ProBio-ID hybrid fingerprint & face readers
- ProCapture fingerprint readers (SilkID technology)
- inPulse+ hybrid biometric fingerprint & finger-vein readers
- PA10 hybrid biometric fingerprint & palm-vein readers
The reader is compatible with much software that verifies biometric data displayed against pre-saved records.
The fire alarm industry us a more complicated and complex technical field that needs continuous development of skills including innovation and update of fire alarm systems to meet the ever changing global requirement and standards. The fire detectors are important part of fire alarm system. Thus, production of fire detectors is a complex process. The fire alarm system must first detect the outbreak of fire, alert the required persons and allow for escape and evacuation from the premises. In many circumstances, the system will be responsible for putting out the fire. Since the essential role of the alarm system is to save lives, at the crucial moment, they must function at full power. The fire alarm also helps to restore precise and reliable focus of the fire by the fire investigators. The production and development of fire alarm system requires expert technical capability, deep comprehension of the issue involved and ensure the highest possible level of detail and specifications and absolute responsibility.
The fire alarm system begins operations upon fire detection smoke or heat from various sources. The warning presented by the system has been proven to be one of the method of decreases damages of smoke or fire, it then activate sirens connected to it; start automatic dialer with programmed numbers, activates extinguisher systems, blowers and closure of opaque doors. The alarm system also connects to the sprinkler system which puts off the fire and allows people to escape. In some instances the system can be connected to safety doors that will open to release smoke. The alarm system must be strong, reliable, simple, smart and reliable to operate. The alarm system must be maintained regularly to ensure efficiency and reliability in the event of fire.
All public places and business, multistory building and common building are needed to install smoke and fire alarms. One of the requirements of the insurance company’s policies is that business should install smoke and fire detection systems. The system must also be adapted for use in the building that they are installed. The system is adjusted differently for restaurants and kitchens as compared to factories where there is a danger of diffusion.
Modern technology has helped in securing places with modern security and access control cameras. CCTV stands for Closed-Circuit Television. It is a video surveillance system that is used for security reasons. The first system was used in 1942 to monitor the launch of the rocket which later evolved to more sophisticated systems with digital surveillance and video analytics capacities.
The CCTV technology has been around the world for decades and there are different CCTV that can be used for different applications even monitoring your home. In this article, I will talk about digital, analog and IP cameras.
Applications for CCTV
- Police Station
- Commercial Centers
- Bus station
- Vehicles (Truck, buses, car, trains)
- Train station
How CCTV works
If you install CCTV in environment such as business, shops, homes and schools or other and take the cables from each camera to the DVR or NVR, you will have a closed circuit television which can record evidence video from cameras. In the beginning cameras could not be remotely monitored. The operators were needed to always look at the screen for anything suspicious, with the intention of reacting based on the security protocol.
Benefits of CCTV
- one of the idea of CCTV was to reduce or avoid incidences of crimes, since there are cameras installed in public or closed places, there is a tendency to reduce crime since people know that their activities are being monitored and therefore a person will think twice before acting. CCTV also allows subsequent investigation incase of occurrence of a crime to find the possible suspect. However, it is hard to say that one is being monitored 100%. However, with massive production of new CCTV cameras, it is easy to find them installed in may places.
- Accident and Traffic Control: It is hard to drive from one city to another without being monitored. In addition, CCTV cameras have become an integral part for accident and traffic control in many locations around the globe
- CCTV for business: Banks, factories and many other institutions and enterprises use security cameras to monitor manufacturing products and processes; some will use security cameras to control activities of the employees. Small businesses and shops uses CCTV to prevent theft and possible legal issue
The concept of traditional CCTV is quite simple; a camera is connected to a monitor through coaxial cables that carry the signal. The first analog camera had very low resolution and it was impossible to observe the object details. The resolution on analog CCTV is measured in TV lines which shows the number of generated lines and displayed on monitor. In analog CCTV, it is possible to use cameras with advanced features. These cameras can be remotely controlled by sending command from Joystick, those cameras are known as PTZs (Pan, Tilt and Zoom) can control vertical horizontal and zoom movement.
We have HD-TVI, HT-CVI and AHD technologies
Digital CCTV (IPs)
Allow transmission of Video over long distance through digital networks. IP cameras can communicate on the network directly without requirement of immediate system like analog that depends on DVR or VCR. An IP camera can record on internal memory card or on an NVR and still transmit images over the internet or network directly.
Factors to consider before purchasing CCTV cameras
Both the indoor and outdoor cameras are excellent, it is dependent in where you install. If you need them in an indoor environment, consider the Indoor cameras and vice versa. However, an outdoor security camera can serve both the outdoor and indoor environment since outdoor cameras are equipped with weatherproof and waterproof function IPV66.
PoE and WiFi Security Cameras
PoE enables you to use a single cable for both power and video transmission. It makes the wiring simpler and installation easier. WiFi security offers flexibility. Dual mode Wi-Fi guarantees that you will not suffer interference or signal loss.
720P, 1080p and 1440 Resolution
1440p has sharper images compared to 1080p and 720p. Not all CCTV brands offers 1440p, thus you should use a reliable one.
Dome, Bullet and PTZ
- Bullet security cameras. Suitable for wall or ceiling mount and are ideal for entrances
- Dome Cameras. Also suitable for entry. It is hard to tell where they are pointed and their purposes are deterrent
- PTZ cameras. Features 360 degree direction security leaving no blind spot. They are more intelligent with Pan, Tilt and Zoom capabilities
Cameras with Motion Detection and Remote Access
Remote access provides convenience. Cameras can be accessed both remotely and locally through a mobile device and playback recorded videos. When motion is detected, the CCTV will alert the operator by sending emails and notification to your device and thus actions can be taken immediately to prevent further loss.
Night vision capability captures crystal clear video evidence of any event at night. You therefore need to choose cameras with night vision (IR). Color night vision allows you to view object as if it is day time.
Security NVR Kit Systems
If you intend 24/7 surveillance, then NVR is your best choice. NVR has built-in HDD to store videos.
Electric fence can be used in animal farms, game parks and also in various environments. The first thing that you must put into consideration is the right fence charger. Different chargers cover different miles or acres. We use Joules to measure energy that the animal will feel from energy output.
AC Electrical fence charger
Alternating current are used when you can connect 220 or 110 Volt outlet. They are cost effective and consistent since they are hooked constantly to a power source. They can produce the most power.
Battery Powered Charger
It uses 4, 6, 12Volt or D-cell battery. The bigger the battery the more the volts and lasts longer. Battery powered fence offer less power but are great for remote areas with no outlet. You will need a backup battery just in case.
Solar Powered Electric Fence Charger
It gives the least amount of power. Howbeit, it is the most convenient and tend to last longer. You will need the charger in areas where sunlight exposure time is 4-6 hours per day. Use solar powered unit for a small area.
They are used to keep the fence from shorting between the posts ad wires. Use a high quality insulator for fencing material being electrified. Most insulators are made from porcelain or plastic which do not conduct electricity. Porcelain costs more but last longer than plastic. End posts and corner posts have to withstand greater tension than other posts along the fence line. Use insulators designed for corner posts.
Use high-tensile smooth wire. It is permanent. If you are building a temporary electric fence use small gauge steel wire or tape/polywire. Plastic posts or metal rods should be spaced 20’ to 30’. Temporary fence are easy to install.
For permanent fence, few gates need to be installed and have insulated gate handles to avoid electric shock to anyone that enters.
Use step-in poly electric fence for temporary fences. They are self insulating and easy to put up an take down. Self insulating fiber glass is designed for permanent and temporary fences. Steel or wood fence take more work and requires insulators. Nevertheless, they last for years. The post should be spaced according to the terrain and area size.
The fence should be well grounded. An effective ground system use 6 to 8’ ground rod for each joule of energy put out by the charger. Galvanized wires and rod clamps connect ground rod to each other and the fence to the charger.
Security needs are changing daily. Keyless entry and door access control system is becoming common for property managers, small business and building owners. Access control provides safe and secure access to interior offices and building.
Consider the following reasons before purchasing an access control system
- Remote access
- History records
- Less hassle
- Non duplication
- Less expensive in the long run
- Faster and safer than rocks
The fundamental role of an access control is to keep unwanted guests out or have control of who access where. A storage facility can control the gate entry system and keyless entry. Remote access is a huge benefit to individual since you don’t have to travel to access. Access systems are customizable so that the controller can have higher limits than employees and ensure that rights are set for each individual.
Access control can be integrated with other security systems such as Alarm and IP cameras to create a complete safety security and safety system. An IP control system provides greater functionality and is less expensive. Key fobs can be used to prevent loss. Tailored systems would present you with a quote, track employees, theft and vandalism. Keyless entry requires a high degree of sophistication.
The best access control provides historical reports. It tracks the employees and allow you to see where they exactly spend their time. You can also receive customizable reports such as building security, details of the alarm and more. These reports are available through emails but many institutions will send reports through the phone. The reports are necessary especially when investigating theft and vandalism.
Suprema is one of the leading global providers of the biometric technologies and identity management. The company’s range of products includes; e-passport readers, biometric access control system, live scanners and finger print modules. The Suprema solutions are integrated with excellent embedded capabilities and strong background algorithms and theories backed by number of experts giving extensive and rich knowledge in the field of biometric systems, signal processing and embedded designs.
Rapid changes in innovative technology have brought demand on biometric systems since more people want to keep their lives secure and convenient. Suprema is the leading in biometrics fingerprint products including OEM modules and access control systems
Benefits of Suprema
Suprema is flexible since it comes with various choices of high qualified capabilities and sensors for customization work. It offers its customers diverse ways so that they can find tailor made solutions for their specific applications.
Recognition of algorithm plays a key role for the success of finger print product. Suprema is the number one in FVC-fingerprint algorithm verification competition and guarantees reliability and performance.
When you sell a product to a customer, a long term relationship is established. In essence, Suprema has an excellent support system of customers. One day technical support service is what Suprema prides on.
Time Attendance/Access control
- Stylish and sleek design
- High performance Suprema algorithm
- Full featured time attendance control
- RF card options and multiple sensor
- IP based distributed systems
When considering spy cameras, you must understand and know the purposes that one should have and uses of the spy camera. As a matter of fact, this may sound somewhat knowledgeable, but there is a truth gain to this statement. Before you make any purchases, a hidden camera, you need to research all the purposes as to why you are using it. Nanny camera can only be useful if used correctly and properly. Incorrectly installing or using a nanny camera will make you refute the uses of camera.
- You may end up violating the law
- You will refute the effectiveness
- The camera may not provide with actual video evidence.
This said, there are diverse reasons as to why you need a nanny camera in your office, home or any other apartment that you need to protect. There are obvious and not so obvious challenges which can be solved with effective and simple nanny cam. Irrespective of what you need to protect, who you want to keep an eye on, there are whole lot of spy cameras available in the market today. High tech spy cams are becoming more and more affordable daily.
Child Protection: One way to find peace of mind when you are away from your kids is to install a spy cam. This is ideal for capturing nanny-kid interactions and allows you to have a real time footage or playback later.
Monitor Entry Points: Bad people don’t always use the entrance door when getting into your house, so the potential entry points should not be ignored.
Home Business Protection: A spy camera will prevent theft of work related misconduct but can also multitask by monitoring clients, employees and vendors who come in and go out of your premises.
Features to consider
- HD- High definition video pixel give you more clarity
- Wireless: for baby monitoring lets you watch live video feeds
- Audio: Audio outlet let you speak to your kids for better monitoring
- Compatibility with Android/Ipad/Iphone especially when you are viewing remotely
- Motion activation is an amazing feature that will send alerts when motion occurs
- Viewing angle
- Recording on SD
- Power Source; whether battery operated or ca n be connected directly to the power
In conclusion, there are many nanny cameras available in the market. You will need a nanny camera for the intended purpose. You can consider C1 Pro Pan and Tilt nanny cam especially for recording and night time monitoring. Dual band wifi nanny camera ensures an ideal connection for continuous caregiver and baby monitoring.
According to the recent FBI reports, more than 2 million burglaries occur each year. Burglar alarms are also known as burglary deterrent protecting property and families against intruders and decrease crime in entire neighborhood resulting into fewer burglary incidents.
Monitoring potential intrusion entry points with sensors, the n the sensor communicate with a control panel which transmits alarm signals when detecting illegal intrusion. Motion sensors are installed for protection of open spaces.
Types of Burglar Alarm Sensors
- Magnetic contacts, perimeter sensors and mechanical switches are options to be installed on windows, doors or outside opening. When the window or the door is opened, the sensor detects and activates the alarm
- Interior motion sensor used to sense the entry of an intruder using diverse options
- Break Glass sensors activate alarm by sensing vibration or sound of a broken glass in the window
- Passive infrared detects when a heat source crosses
- Ultrasonic sensors rely on sound energy to protect an area which signals the alarm after the energy pattern is changed
- Photoelectric sensor. Signals the alarm when infrared light beam is broken.
- Audio detectors use programmed microphones to set the alarm off at a certain amount of noise in a specified period of time
- Microwave sensor creates electronic field in the protected area and detects the movement and ultimately rings the alarm.
Hikvision is one of the most recommended brands by technicians and companies. Their security system is out of this world with additional features that make most of the products ideal for area of security concerns.
Factors to consider before buying HIKVISION Products
- Consider the IR range to be 30m beyond that, consider a PTZ camera
- If an area is more prone to vandalism, you can consider dome since they come fitted with IK10 rate vandal proof housing but struggle with internal IR reflections.
- It is not advisable to choose camera from old generation for the sake of saving money. Each year, new features are being introduced with better sensors. Older ranges stop being updated except for the very bare minimum security updates.
- Lux level should not influence your choice. It is hard to notice the difference between cameras with a performance rated 0.01 Lux.
- Some people find it hard to choose the focal length for fixed cameras. 2.8, 4, 6 and 12mm
- It is imperative for NRs and Cameras to always be running the latest firmware.
- About 95 percent of the people select Hikvision NVRS and Cameras since it is the best solution and cost effective. It offers most flexibility with configuration. Just add one or more HDD and it is fully compatible with Hikvision cameras
- Hivision connects the web portal and applications.
- You can record continuously. With introduction of H.265+ video compression, you can record continuously without using huge amount of storage even with 8MP cameras
Dahua is one of the leading providers in the global video surveillance. It was marked 3rd security provider and is committed to providing highest quality products and solutions with the latest technologies to enable the end user perform their business effectively.
Dahua Master Controller: Dahua master access controller ASC2204 allow third party integration with SDK and CGI. It is equipped with an alarm of 8 zones synchronizing DST, NTP and P2P. It is capable of initiative register to platform the system and can work offline to ensure uninterrupted operations.
The master controller can perform many functions on its own. In terms of storage, it supports 150,000 records and 200000 valid cards. To keep wide area safe, the master controller is designed with global anti-passback and global multidoor interlock meaning that any door in the system can be setup with the anti-passback rule so that the function is not restricted to the controller only.
Slave Access Controller: Each master controller cascade 16 valve controller and manages 68 doors. It reduces cable costs and IP addresses. Each of the slave controller supports 20,000 users and 30, 0000 offline logs and its slide design is convenient and smart. Given that the CAN bus communication and an adjustable rate of transmission, the slave controller supports all the Dahua readers as well as third party wiegand.
In summary, the above mentioned features of Dahua master controller (ASC2204C-H) matched with ASC2104B-T/ASC2102B-T (as slave controllers)are competent, compatible, and cost effective especially when used in large scale applications. With the new innovative products, Dahua takes the customers one step closer to smarter living and safer society
In 2016, Hikvision released their new K series NVRS to the UK market. This series stands alongside I&E series allowing you to fine tune your system even further based on your own requirements. These NVRS are available in our Kenyan Market in a variety of different models based on the number of channels you need
The K-series NVRs bridge the gap between E series and their top end 4K series in terms of features, hardware capabilities and pricing. The Jump in pricing between the two are too significant for it to justify the added features. For instance, the E-series are capable of 4K recording, yet the I-series are. If you just needed to add a single 4K camera, you will have to go for the more expensive I model of NVR. Instead you can look towards the K series which also supports 4K recording
There was no 4 channel I series NVR manufactured. The DS-7604NI-E1-4P was always a popular model in the E-series.
Difference in Specifications
The most imperative difference between E, K and I series are the specifications and functionality of each. As stated, the K NVRs aim to bridge the gap and sit in the middle ground between the two, perfect for SMB and residential users. The hardware performance is improved over E series but not quite as powerful as I series. Thus K-series sits in the middle in regard to price.
- Outgoing/Incoming Bandwidth: the maximum outgoing bandwidth has been improved of E-series
- The DS-7608NI-K2-8P: maximum of 80Mbps incoming / 160Mbps outgoing
- The DS-7608NI-E2-8P: maximum of 80Mbps incoming / 80Mbps outgoing
- The DS-7608NI-I2-8P: maximum of 80Mbps incoming / 256Mbps outgoing
- RECORDING RESOLUTION: K series are capable of recording resolution upto 8mp. The E-series was capable of up to 6MP and the I series up to 12MP. In essence, this means that if you want to record with a 4K camera, then you will need to look towards I or K series. The E series are out of question
- HDMI / VGA OUTPUT RESOLUTION: K series are capable of outputting through VGA/HDMI up to a resolution of 3840*2160 (4K). E-series by comparison can output up to 1920×1080
- DECODING FORMAT: All the three series supports H.264, MPEG4 and Smart H.264+ codec. K series also supports H.265 currently available in the market.
- DECODING CAPABILITY: K series NVR are capable of greater degree of simultaneous decoding than E series but not as much as I-Series
- WD Purple 6tb Hard Drive Surveillance SATA 6 GBS 64mb Western Digital
- Eset Multi Device Antivirus 2 Users
- Hikvision IP CCTV Camera distributor
- Dahua product for every solution
- HIKVISION DS-K1F820-F Fingerprint Enrollment Scanner
- Dahua SD59225U-HNI 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera
- Maglock 280KG (600LB) Access Control System Single Door 12V Electric (Magnetic) Lock
- Panoramic 360 Degree FishEye WiFi Camera
- fire alarm bell with strobe light for Alarm Sound System
- Best Biometric Access Control and Time attendance Systems